Saturday, December 11, 2010

CHICAGO: Scout It Out




Affordable -- urban -- antique -- furniture bliss! Scout's prices makes me want to pack up my three suitcases worth of worldly possessions in my itsy-bitsy NYC apartment and high-tail it back to Chicago solely for space. If you haven't visited this Clark St. furniture mecca in Andersonville, then you're missing out. Time Out published a nifty top 10 home-decor store guide list for Andersonville. Umm... Tiffany blue paint on an antique nightstand? White Attic--that's genius. And my next DYI project too. Please take that as complement.


In other news, the Chicago Tribune claims Andersonville's "... residents buy art. Regularly, repeatedly, from the same artists." That's reason enough to make your way up to the Northside. Although, my brother, sister-in-law, and future niece just moved to that part of town. So I might be a little biased and loving the fact that they have a guest bedroom ready and waiting for me any time I visit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment